"Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother...I hurt people."
The Scout is a class designed to move fast and hit hard. He is the most agile of all the classes, with his superior speed and ability to double-jump. He also captures points twice as fast as the other classes.
A Bostonian and assumedly a huge baseball fan, he always carries his trusty aluminium baseball bat. He likes to keep count of how many heads he has bashed in.
The youngest of eight boys from the south side of Boston, the Scout learned early how to problem solve with his fists. With seven older brothers on his side, fights tended to end before the runt of the litter could maneuver into punching distance, so the Scout trained himself to run. He ran everywhere, all the time, until he could beat his pack of mad dog siblings to the fray.
|Weapon||Ammo Loaded||Ammo Carried||Damage Range||Special Ability|
|Pistol||12||36|| Base: 15|
Critical Hit: 45
|Bat||N/A||N/A|| Base: 35|
Critical Hit: 105
- Don't stand still. Spies and Snipers normally don't consider you good prey since you are too fast for them. If you stand still you are an easy kill.
- Double jump whenever you can. Enemies will have a hard time aiming this way.
- On defense, try sneaking back to the enemy spawn and destroying their teleporter entrances. This will severaly cripple their offense.
- Don't use the teleporters. You're the fastest class in the game, leave the teleporters for the heavies.
- It is vital that you dodge most of the incoming damage. A valid strategy consists in strafing in circles while changing directions regularly to confuse the enemy.
- Don't engage directly in battle unless you are countering another Scout or taking out an important target, like a Medic, or a Sniper. This applies too when you find yourself confronting a sole enemy.
- You are more effective when you attack the enemy from their blind spot, when they have engaged in battle with your teamates, or when they less expect it.
- Be distracting. Kill an enemy Medic, make them pop up UberCharges early, or simply be annoying. This could help your team push or buy them some time if they are waiting to respawn.
- Move and run away when you have to reload, the Scattergun has a slow reload time so run away, reload, then attack again.
- Chase after enemies fleeing to their resupply room, they are usually low on health if they are running back to their resupply room.
- Don't underestimate the pistol! You won't be using it as a main weapon, but it's great for picking off fleeing enemies.
- Finish off weak enemies with your bat. It's faster than reloading, and they will not be able to run away since you are faster than them.
- Consider mapping Jump to one of the shoulder buttons. This way, your right thumb is free to to aim even while you're jumping around.
- Scout duels are often won by the scout who chooses his weapon properly. Both the pistol and scattergun have their disadvantages; the pistol with its measly ammunition reserve, and the scattergun with its long reload time. Use the weapon for the appropriate range.
- Scouts have low health, and will often run away if damaged too much.
- A good scout will always use his mobility to run and jump circles around you. Going indoors can deprive the scout of this advantage.
- Don't try and chase scouts, especially if you're a slow class. Unless you have them cornered or are a scout yourself, you're wasting your time going after one enemy.
- A sentry gun, even a low-level one, makes an excellent scout repellent.
Meet the ScoutEdit
Main article here.