"Prepare for your examination..."
The Medic is the primary healing class in Team Fortress 2. They are typically found near the front-lines, healing wounded teammates while trying to stay out of trouble. The Medic carries mediocre weaponry, as his main focus is to heal other players using the Medi gun. While the Medigun is focused on an ally, that ally gets an additional bonus, up to 150% of his maximum health. If the medic stops healing, that bonus health will slowly degenerate back to the maximum health for that class. While healing, the Medic's ÜberCharge bar will fill up to full, at which point he may make himself and an ally invulnerable for up to 10 seconds. The medic cannot use the ubercharge on somebody that is carrying the flag.
The Medic's health slowly regenerates over time.
A strong advocate of 'Doctor-assisted-Homicide'. Ever the professional, he always wears his surgical gloves into battle no matter how dirty the fighting gets. He speaks with an exaggerated German accent.
What he lacks in compassion for the sick, respect for human dignity, and any sort of verifiable formal training in medicine, the Medic more than makes up for with a bottomless supply of giant needles and a trembling enthusiasm for plunging them into exposed flesh. Raised in Stuttgart, Germany during an era when the Hippocratic oath had been downgraded to an optional Hippocratic suggestion, the Medic considers healing a generally unintended side effect of satisfying his own morbid curiosity.
|Weapon||Kill Icon|| Ammo|
|Damage Range||Notes / Special Abilities|
|40||150|| Base: 10|
[10 syringes / sec.]
|N/A||N/A|| Base: 65|
- When übering a teammate that is taking out a Sentry Gun, it is a good idea to run ahead of your patient so they are not affected by the knock-back effect of the Sentry's bullets and rockets.
- Remember that your Medi Gun has a fairly long range, and can heal around corners. Use this advantage to heal your teammates and build up ubercharge while staying out of the fighting yourself.
- Heal everyone, not just a single teammate. Everyone appreciates a quick blast from the Medi Gun.
- Backpedaling while firing your syringe gun is surprisingly effective in a pinch.
- Don't just heal a single teammate. Your job as the medic is to keep the entire team healthy.
- Medics should use voice communication whenever possible, so that they can effectively plan ubercharges with their teammates. A miscommunicated Ubercharge is a failed Ubercharge.
- Situational awareness is key to survival as a Medic. Medics are high-priority targets. Always pay close attention to your surrounding environment and look out for teammates acting suspiciously, as it's more often than not a Spy
- When possible, übercharge multiple teammates to maximize their combat effectiveness
Meet the MedicEdit
Main article can be found here